Shoulder Pain Treatment from our Los Altos
If you’re suffering from pain in your shoulder, relief can’t come fast enough. Fortunately, our Los Altos chiropractor here at Reimer Wellness Center can provide targeted treatment to help you reduce your pain and recover normal function in the joint. While chiropractic treatment may not be what comes to your mind first when you’re dealing with shoulder pain, our experts are extremely knowledgeable about the entire musculoskeletal system and can provide professional care for a range of injuries.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain may be the result of a direct injury to the shoulder, or it can radiate from the back, as in the case of a slipped or herniated disc. Some of the most common causes of shoulder pain we encounter in our patients are:
- Dislocated Shoulder – Whether full or partial, the pain from this injury is mainly due to the damage done to the supporting soft tissues when the joint is forced out of alignment.
- Shoulder Bursae – When these small sacs of fluid become inflamed, their normal cushioning function is impacted, and the inflammation can cause additional pain and decreased range of motion.
- Frozen Shoulder – This stiffening of the capsule surrounding the shoulder makes movement painful and difficult. It typically resolves on its own within a few years, but our treatment can help improve function and reduce pain before that happens.
- Rotator Cuff Injury – Your rotator cuff is what gives your shoulder support and helps maintain proper alignment. It’s made up of muscles and tendons, and these may be damaged due to overuse through repetitive motion or through an acute injury.
- Sprains and Strains – Just like in any other joint in your body, sprains and strains are frequently the cause of shoulder pain. These two conditions cause similar symptoms despite the fact that strains occur in muscles and sprains impact ligaments.
- Tendinitis – This inflammation of the tendons in your shoulder results in pain and trouble moving the joint. It’s most commonly found as a repetitive motion injury, although it can sometimes be caused by trauma.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Shoulder Pain
When you visit our chiropractor for shoulder pain treatment, we’ll complete a comprehensive physical exam to determine the precise cause of your discomfort. We’ll also discuss your medical history, any precipitating events, and the progression of your symptoms to get a complete picture of your situation.
Depending on the diagnosis we arrive at, we’ll structure your treatment plan to target the source of your pain, providing relief from your symptoms while also restoring proper alignment to all associated areas of your musculoskeletal system. These treatment plans typically involve a combination of chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy to reduce inflammation and promote circulation, and stretches and exercises that you can do between our in-office sessions to build strength and flexibility.
Contact Reimer Wellness Center for an Appointment with our Chiropractor in Los Altos
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Los Altos chiropractor, call Reimer Wellness Center today at (650) 492-6067.